Pan-Net Hungary (member of Deutsche Telekom group) is looking for a Data
& ICT Service Designer
Place of work: Hungary (Budapest)
Performance Indicators / Key responsibilities and deliverables:
- Service designer, drives and defines the high-level service architecture based on demand, priorities and time-lines set by the Service Manager, Business. High-level demands are broken-down towards underlying applications, VNFs, IT and the Infrastructure Cloud. Service Designer community defines all architectural guidelines relevant for the CFS portfolio as well as the long-term CFS related technology strategy. Manage the architecture of the assigned services in the Service Center along the complete service lifecycle.
- Manage the transition of the services from existing legacy environment to Pan-Net environment by defining service architecture and migration steps.
- Drive the strategy of the assigned services in the Service Center in close cooperation with Service Manager, Business and commercial functions.
- Time to market of the services.
- Total Costs of Ownership of the services.
- Quality and stability of the services.
Detailed jobdescription, responsibilities:
- Manage the technical design of the assigned services in the international DTAG environment for all NatCos, ensuring the maximum service architecture harmonization among all NatCos.
- Deliver the high level service technical design assuring that all functional & non-functional requirements are covered by service design.§ Deliver decomposition of services to functional components on the application level.
- Deliver requirements for service deployment in the Pan-Net Infrastructure in all functional & non-functional areas.§ Support service delivery by changing/enhancing existing applications and/or delivering new ones. Ensure flexibility & configurability of all services and applications.
- Contribute to the overall service architecture & strategy by participation in architecture community.
- Contribute to the technology architecture & strategy of Pan-Net.§ Define & Participate on definition the strategy in his/her specific area on seeral levels (e.g. corporate strategy, technology strategy, etc.)§ Drive creation of TO-BE architecture design and visions in his/her specific area
- Be SPOC for DT Lead Architects in his/her specific area (e.g. GNF, Deutsche Telekom, T-Systems International, Telekom Deutschland, Technology Europe or ICSS and other bodies / organizations)
- Drive improvement activities in the service architecture area.
- Ensure stability, low cost and quality of delivered services.
- Ensure flexible technical design of the services in order to make future changes through configuration rather than further development, thus increasing agility and reducing time to market.
- Drive service technical design that bring innovation and competitive advantage.§ Drive service architecture according to international DTAG architecture guidelines & principles.
- Drive service architecture according to DevOps principles in order to achieve agility & operational stability. Ensure that all services and applications are driven towards Continues Operations via Continues Deployment & Test Automation.
- Influence strategic vendor roadmaps for applications in order to ensure delivery of future services.
- Establish and provide the service architecture in cooperation with other Service Centers & Service Designers.
- Manage Service Technical Design community on regular basis.Support the implementation of DevOps culture that is striving to achieve Continues Operations.
- Master Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, related field or equivalent work experience
- Experience in service architecture and Technical design in telecommunications or IT (at least 10 years).
- Experience with implementation of Agile & DevOps concepts (optional)
- English language - fluent (verbal and written communication skills)
- Knowledge of other EU working languages would be an asset
- Understanding multicultural differences
- Willingness to work in the international teams
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, resourcefulness and initiative
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills
- Ability to handle confidential and highly sensitive information
- Communicate on regular basis with commercial communities in order to assure the service architecture fit and understand future strategy & trends.
- Ensure close cooperation with all relevant architecture groups within DTAG.
- Excellent problem solving ability
- ‘Can do’ attitude. Flexible and adaptable approach to problem solving
- Freedom to think
- it is expected from the position
- to define architectural rules and policies
- to use creative thinking§ to be innovative
- to provide recommendations & guidance in order to implement services according to architecture blueprintsshare experience within the Service Delivery organization regarding the service architecture & capabilities.
- Complexity of problem solving – it is expected from the position
- to ensure coordination and problem solving between different DT architecture teams
- to propose process improvements and activities in order to achieve quality standards
- to solve complex and not clearly specified problems where more solutions are possible
- to make judgment and solution based on deep knowledge and experienceto come up with newly found, developed solutions
- Freedom to act / decide
- According to the general company principles and under the supervision of the superiors
- Impact on results:
- Direct – prime: direct responsibility for achieving set targets
- Direct – shared: joint accountability with others for Service Delivery architecture
- Analytical thinking
- Willingness to learn
- Flexibility to travel
- Knowledge of Agile and DevOps
- Experience with Telco and ICT service architecture